Sunday, March 31, 2013

Muscles, pain, twitching, but I have hope

My muscles are quick to find exhaustion today. It's better to have exhaustion than the extreme pain I had for the past two weeks. It was the kind of pain that makes me jump and tense up, never to know how long it will last. Then for the last three days, I had violent twitches as if I had Tourette's. I couldn't get to sleep at night because I couldn't stop twitching. It would have looked like I was waking up from the kind of dream where you think you're falling and you jump awake, but the twitches occurred seconds to minutes apart.

I still have twitches here and there, but they are not noticeable to other people and they are the kind I am used to. I feel twitches in my body all day long and I have for decades. I don't know if it's normal or not, but I have a feeling the amount I feel is not normal and I think it's one of the reasons my muscles feel fatigue. I also still have painful muscle spasms, but they are much less painful.

I'm not comfortable going far from the house since I don't know when I will be too tired to function, if I struggle to function then I struggle to get home. We have had few clouds and lots of sun so I spend a lot of time right outside the front door on a bench, taking advantage of sunlight while writing and drawing or reading. I hope I get to find enough energy to meet people. I need to be able to put gas in my tank first. When I feel comforted in knowing my car won't run out of gas then I will be much more comfortable leaving the house. Especially now that the weather is getting warmer...I don't deal with heat very well. My body seems to have the hardest time keeping from overheating. This will be an interesting spring. I am honestly apprehensive of summer.

It's a slow way up, but I feel like I am finally on the way out of not having food for days and weeks and I dream of having the medicine and healthcare that I need for the rest of my life, however long it will be. I like having the meds that work and I like having them on a regular basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment