Sunday, August 5, 2012

Plea For Help...How Do You Do It?

I Still have a hard time dealing with or working with people that think they know it all. The cynical and jaded people that don't like to know about anything new because what they have and what they know of is tops and everything else is stupid...I just can't stand that behavior. But it's Everywhere! I get very quiet when I am around this kind of person and in a group of them I want to run screaming. I have an affinity for children because they are inquisitive. Some kids are more reserved, but I can bring fun out of them. Some kids will openly question anything as long as they haven't been shot down by jaded know-it-all adults (this type of child is just as fun to work with, but that is not the point of this so moving on...). And some kids grow into teenage years acting like they need to know it all because they were raised by know-it-all or need-to-know-it-all adults. Home should be a place where we can all be inquisitive and not judged for trying to figure out life as we each see it. For those who don't have the opportunity to grow up with or around the questioners in society, but instead they knew more this-is-how-it-is-so-take-my-word-for-it people.....How can I not get angry when they think they know it all, which translates to not being able to have a conversation without them explaining why it can't be this way or that, or they analyze why everything sucks so badly. It's so very draining.

Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment